Monday, June 23, 2014

Should I buy a Sega Game Gear?




Robert


Off of ebay or Amazon? I want to start collecting old Game Gear, Genesis, and Sega CD stuff.
I have a PSP. Yawn. I wanted one as a kid, in secret, but never asked for it because I had a Gameboy and about 10230895 gameboy games. So maybe i'm just trying to relive my childhood a little. I always thought game gear was bad ass



Answer
Actually, the Game Gear is pretty crappy. I wanted one as a kid too, but when I actually played one, I was very disappointed. The games aren't very fun, and the controls are bad. There's a good reason why the Gameboy fared much better than the Game Gear.

However, I can understand wanting to complete a Sega collection. It would be cool to be able to say that you have most of the stuff Sega released. If you have the disposable income to spend on it, go for it!

What Metal Gear games to play?




Billy


I want to play all the metal gear games, and I know that there are lists on sites like Wikipedia, but this is sort of different. I want to play them all, but I want to play the best versions, as there were lots of remakes with small differences. Also, collection were released, so don't say mgs2 in the list, say the collection. For example, all god of war games would be:
God of war saga
Ascension

Hope this makes sense.

Also, I don't have a 3ds or 360, only a ps3, ps2, psp, ps vita, wii, and dsi.
@Shiyi Obvious troll is obvious.
@OneSolidSnake What about metal gear acid games? I'd they aren't really worth playing, just say that. And thanks for the way you formatted your list, it's really helpful!



Answer
I will give you a list of Metal Gear games in chronological order with the most up to date version in parenthesis.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (HD Collection)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP only, do NOT get Portable Ops Plus, it is for online only)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (HD Collection)
Metal Gear (HD Collection)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (HD Collection)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GameCube remake)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (HD Collection)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (25th Anniversary Edition)

I know you say you do not have a GameCube, but you do have a Wii, which can play GameCube games. If you can't get a GC controller or memory card, the original version of Metal Gear Solid is on PSN as a PS classic.

I suggest playing the games in storyline order, as in from top to bottom. Next month, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, a hack'n'slash spin-off, will be released. It takes place after MGS4 and it will be on PS3.

There is also the upcoming Ground Zeroes, which will take place after Peace Walker but before Metal Gear. It will be on PS3, XBox 360, and PC.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Camera Info by - ryanita Edited By Autocar