Saturday, December 21, 2013

Should I read the first two Game Of Thrones Books or can I start with the third one?

game of thrones
 on GAME OF THRONES
game of thrones image




kait3w


I just watched the first two seasons of Game of Thrones, and it is official that I am hooked!
I really dont know if I can wait until March 2013 for Season 3 and was thinking to read the books but to start with the third book seeing that I know what happens in the first two books.
Should I read the first two or will I be ok to start with the the thrid book?



Answer
Short Answer: It would be possible to just start with the 3rd.

But I don't advise it. There are several very important characters you would be missing. As well as important theories.

If you do skip them, I'd advise to look up a few main points on this Game of Thrones Wiki website. Just google "A Wiki of Ice and Fire" There are chapter summaries, character summaries (for each book). So you can see what each character did by book to avoid spoilers in the later books.

I really want to give you a quick fact that is HUGE which came in the 1st book, but was not even mentioned in the 1st season.

Remember in the 1st season, when Ned Stark and King Robert Baratheon were eating a meal in the middle of a field discussing how Ned had an affair while off at war. Well there is a theory, based off a dream that Ned Stark had in the 1st book that makes it seem like Jon Snow is NOT actually Ned's bastard son; but actually is the son of Ned's sister Lyanna & Rhagar Targaryen.

I'm really mad at HBO how they barely even explained why the War vs. the Mad King even began.

Lyanna Stark was promised to be wed to Robert Baratheon. But there was a huge tournament with most of the best Knights competeing. The winner of the tourny would be aloud to pick any woman that he would want. So Prince Rhagar won the tourny, and selected Lyanna Stark! This is why the war started. King Robert started "Roberts Rebellion" and defeated the Mad King Aerys Targaryen as well as the Prince Rhagar Targaryen.

After the War, Ned went to "The Tower Of Joy" Where he meant to pick up his sister Lyanna from captivity. However, when he showed up with 6 of his best men, They found 3 members of the Kingsguard. These 3 knights are some of the baddest Knights alive at the time.. They fight 3 on 7, and Ned and his friend Reed are the only 2 to survive.

Ned goes to see Lyanna, who is dieing. The theory is that she died giving birth to Jon Snow. And made Ned promise her not to reveal Jon Snow's true identity. Like I said this is all just a theory, but it has a ton of support. I wouldn't look to much further into this theory known as ( R + L = J ) because it may give away spoilers from later books.

Just think, if Jon Snow is in fact the son of Rhagar and Lyanna. He has the blood of 2 of the most powerful houses in the 7 kingdoms.

How does Game of Thrones TV series timeline correspond to books?




John


Now that the third season of Game of Thrones is over, I am left wanting to keep going. The obvious option is to pick up where the show left off by picking up the books. However, I don't want to start from the beginning. Is there a certain point in the books where I can pick up to make a clean transition? Can someone who follows both versions please help me out?

Thank you in advance for any help with this!



Answer
season 1 --> 1st book
season 2 --> 2nd book
season 3 --> the 1st half of the 3rd book

Of course, there is a lot of story and info left out from the series and some parts that are added.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Camera Info by - ryanita Edited By Autocar