Saturday, December 21, 2013

What is a good free game editor to create 3-D games?

game editor
 on Game Editor Trial version
game editor image




Dan


Likewise, what is a good 3D map editor to use in conjunction with this game editor?

I've looked at quite a few different options, and I'm still open to new environments. I've currently looked at Sauerbraten, Irrlitch + IrrEdit, Dark Basic, Gensis3D, and Reality Factory. However, none of these programs seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. I want something that enables easy to make maps (like Sauerbraten) but with the flexibility of something like Dark Basic. Any ideas? Please post links.



Answer
Are you looking for an editor or an engine?

For an engine, I think Ogre3D looks alright and has many useful utilities (though I've never actually used it before).

For an editor, I think it depends on the game you want to make. For example, if you want to make a FPS, there is FPS Creator, there is also the Source Engine and many others. The Elder's Scrolls games also have good editors with them. They are not FREE, but you get them with the game, which is as good as free.

Does any body have a tutorial for Gamemaker to make a game editor create more than one level & compile them ?




Easyh


Hello I was wondering if any body has a tutorial or an example that explains how to make the game editor -game editor created by Gamemaker- to create more than one level and compile them to an exe file.
Thank you.



Answer
Create Multiple Rooms and then from your player object create for example a collision event with a solid object ( the object has to be unique) and then put in a "go to next room" event. When you make the EXE. file (File-->make executable) the levels will work




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Camera Info by - ryanita Edited By Autocar