Saturday, February 8, 2014

Video & Online Gaming: No Rose Tinted Glasses Corner: The Last Of Us?




Dave Hytme


Normally I do Microsoft's Xbox 360 games, but for this it is Sony's PlayStation 3 exclusive The Last Of Us. Is it as Brilliant and Golden as people say, or is it another overrated mediocre title that people look to deeply into?


Answer
The Last of Us IS overrated, but it isn't mediocre. If I had to give it a score, it would've been an 8/10.

If you have to go and buy a PS3 to play the game, I wouldn't recommend it. It isn't some generation defining game or anything. Indeed, had I known what I know now, I would've just rented the game. It's a good story, but after I played through it once I didn't really feel like playing it again. I DID, twice, because trophies, but...yeah.

The A.I. likes to derp it up. You can be the sneakiest little engine, but those traveling with you don't seem to exist so long as your stealthing. Ellie will constantly run back in forth out of cover when you take it and the enemies won't notice, EVEN WHEN SHE IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. I'm sure this is a gameplay concession (would you really want to automatically be forced into combat every time somebody saw someone who isn't in your control?), but it's immersion braking none the less. Hilarious too.

Gameplay is...it's more like a puzzle, really. You have to save ammo and stuff for when you need it (and if you stealth at every opportunity, you'll probably have more than enough), which means you'll have to be careful and try to take out enemies without being seen. The carrot dangling in front of your face is the next bit of the story, but the second time around (and some bits of the first) I felt like I was playing to get that story and not at all because it was fun.

Story is great. Not much can be said before spoilers. Game is good at creating atmosphere. I really wanted to progress to see what the next area would look like. It's good like that. That god**** generator bit will be forever burned into my mind.

Something of note is that the flamethrower is incredibly OP, especially when you get it's power upgraded. If you use it as soon as they give it to you, you might think it's terribad like most game's, but an upgrade and all infected bits are a cake-walk. You would think that ammo would be scarce, but you really don't need to do much more than set each enemy on fire with quick bursts two or three times before they die, and they're stunned while on fire. Even the last infected bit (naturally the largest) is hilariously easy with it. It'd be best to avoid using it to keep that "survival" feel.

Multiplayer is fun for a while. It's like a contest to see who's the biggest badass out of every player there. They've got the little bonuses and stuff and the whole "your camp" thing as a motivation for doing what your doing, so it's a nice little addition. Once you get how it works and learn some maps, it's a good ol' time.

So yeah. It isn't perfect or the pinnacle of gaming, but it isn't anywhere near the bottom either.

Any one know any free Cool Games online?




coolspike9


Does any1 know any free cool games online
i kno a few like
ikarian.travian.wild guns.
an d pirates of the caribian
but i was wondering if there was any reeealy cool ones.
so yah thanx.
No guys sory but these arent wat i was looking for plus i dont like animate that mutch any other sites
like were you can build your city or town and atack other players town
just look at
www.ikariam.com you will see
and nothing that downloads
Please.



Answer
The following MMORPG (games) are the ones I would suggest:
(Game---website)

*Eternal Lands---http://www.eternal-lands.com/

*Faldon---http://www.illusorystudios.com/faldon/

*Forlorn Hope Online---http://www.forlornonline.com/

*Gekkeiju Online---http://www.coolhouse.fi/gekkeiju/

*Illarion ---http://illarion.org/general/us_news.php

*Illutia ---http://www.illutia.com/

*Kingdom Of Drakkar---http://www.kingdomofdrakkar.com/

*Knight Online---http://www.knightonlineworld.com/

*Mu Online---http://www.globalmuonline.com/

*Odyssey Online Classic---http://www.odysseyclassic.com/

*Ogre Island---http://www.ogreisland.com/home.aspx

*Planeshift---http://www.planeshift.it/

*Realms of Loria--- http://www.sdegames.com/

*Realm Wars---http://www.realmwarsgame.com/

*Rilphia Saga---http://www.onlyfreemmorpgs.com/rilphiasa...

*RPG World Online---http://www.rpgwo.com/

*Secrets of Mirage---http://www.secretsofmirage.com/

*Sherwood---http://www.maidmarian.com/Sherwood.htm

*Survival Project---http://www.survival.com.my/

*Thang Online---http://thang.ongameport.com/

*Martial Heroes---http://www.martialheroes.com/download/cl...

*Tibia---http://www.tibia.com

*Ultima VI Online---http://www.geocities.com/galleondragon/

*Well of Souls---http://www.synthetic-reality.com/wosHome...

*Xythe---http://www.xythe.fi/

Remember, they are all free!

http://gunz.ijji.com/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Camera Info by - ryanita Edited By Autocar