Chris
IdeaPad Y570 Laptop - 08626JU - Dusk Black (with USB 3.0)
Processor:2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM Processor( 2.2 GHz 1333 MHz 6 MB)
(Quad Cores, 8 Threads, 3.10 GHz with Turbo Boost, Built in Intel HD Graphics 3000)
Link to CPU info: http://ark.intel.com/products/53469
Operating system:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 1GB
GPU info: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gt-555m/specifications
Memory:8.0GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz
Display:15.6" HD Glare with integrated camera 1366x768
Pointing device:Industry Standard Touchpad
Hard Drive:500GB 7200
Optical Drive:Blu-ray /DVD Combo
Battery:6 Cell Lithium-Ion
Network Card:Intel 1000 BGN Wireless
Bluetooth:Bluetooth Version 2.1 + EDR
Warranty:One Year
Form Factor:Notebook
Camera:Integrated 2.0MP Camera
HDMI:HDMI (Out)
I'll mostly play the valve games. Also I'll be recording with fraps. I record videos so I need to be able to record on high settings. The games include Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, DotA 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Basically the valve games. I might play MW3 from time to time, but I wasn't planning on using fraps for MW3. Or setting the Video Settings to high. So is this a good gaming laptop?
Price: 1,499
There's always sales going on with Lenovo. Right now this model is like $800. Like I said there's always deals. So don't worry about the price just please tell me if this is a good gaming laptop for what I am going to be using it for.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Module DescriptionShow Details
System ColorStealth Black with Soft Touch Finish
Operating SystemGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
ProcessorIntel® Core⢠i3 2357M (1.3GHz, 3MB Cache)
Memory4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
A/C AdapterAlienware M11x 90W A/C Adapter
Display Panel11.6" High Def (720p/1366x768) with WLED backlight
Video CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GT540M graphics with 1.0GB Video Memory and Optimus
Hard Drive750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
AlienFXQuasar Blue
Hinge UpHinge Up WLAN -BLACK
Adobe Reader Acrobat SWAdobe Acrobat X Reader
SoundInternal High-Definition Surround Sound Audio (5.1)
WirelessIntel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000 a/g/n 1x2
Security SoftwareNo Anti-Virus Software Selected
Hardware Support Services1 Year Basic Plan
Pre-Installed SoftwareSteam and Portal⢠Factory Installed
Alien WallpaperAlienhead 3D
Mobile BroadbandNone
Standard Nameplate TriggerStandard Nameplate
I'm pretty sure the Lenovo is better. I don't care much about Alienware. Please tell me what you think is better.
Answer
I have the i7 Y570 with 6GB Ram and it runs most games on steam on high settings at a steady 60 FPS.
I bought the $800 version from newegg and I have been very happy with it.
A few things I would tell someone who is getting one to watch out for when using it are listed below.
The Geforce 555M must be manually turned on/off using a switch on the front right hand edge of the keyboard, and generates a lot of heat so play on hard flat surfaces when you need to use the GPU (though most games on steam will run fine with the GPU off)
The power cord is a foot shorter than standard laptops.
There is a touch management tool that I recommend turning off so you can use the touchpad and keyboard at the same time (will take practice to not hit the touch pad when you do this
You need to set the processor to 100% min/max under power settings (when plugged in) to prevent stutters in the frame rate due to the real time overclocking (turbo boost) on the i7 chip.
Thats all! Have fun, its a great deal for the mobile gamer at $800.
This machine would cost nearly $2000 from apple and $1300 from Dell or HP; it really is a steal!
The built in JBL speakers are the best laptop speakers I have ever heard by the way.
It runs Skyrim on high,, BF3 on medium, Starcraft 2 High, League of Legends Maxed, Diablo 3 (beta) Maxed, all first party Valve Games Maxed, Minecraft Maxed, Sims 3 Maxed, Saints Row High
I have the i7 Y570 with 6GB Ram and it runs most games on steam on high settings at a steady 60 FPS.
I bought the $800 version from newegg and I have been very happy with it.
A few things I would tell someone who is getting one to watch out for when using it are listed below.
The Geforce 555M must be manually turned on/off using a switch on the front right hand edge of the keyboard, and generates a lot of heat so play on hard flat surfaces when you need to use the GPU (though most games on steam will run fine with the GPU off)
The power cord is a foot shorter than standard laptops.
There is a touch management tool that I recommend turning off so you can use the touchpad and keyboard at the same time (will take practice to not hit the touch pad when you do this
You need to set the processor to 100% min/max under power settings (when plugged in) to prevent stutters in the frame rate due to the real time overclocking (turbo boost) on the i7 chip.
Thats all! Have fun, its a great deal for the mobile gamer at $800.
This machine would cost nearly $2000 from apple and $1300 from Dell or HP; it really is a steal!
The built in JBL speakers are the best laptop speakers I have ever heard by the way.
It runs Skyrim on high,, BF3 on medium, Starcraft 2 High, League of Legends Maxed, Diablo 3 (beta) Maxed, all first party Valve Games Maxed, Minecraft Maxed, Sims 3 Maxed, Saints Row High
How to use Noah's Ark game on Windows 7 64-bit?
veggiemomc
I have a new laptop with Windows 7 64-bit OS and can't get Yahoo!Games Popcap Noah's Ark to work on it. Is there a way to make it work on this new computer?
Answer
I don't know what game is that, but any game that is neither 32-bit nor 64-bit won't work on a 64-bit operating system.
I don't know what game is that, but any game that is neither 32-bit nor 64-bit won't work on a 64-bit operating system.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
0 comments:
Post a Comment