Wednesday, March 26, 2014

PLZ SHARE: What are your favorite pc video games and why?




Sun


Any and all information you wish to share would be great. Do you like shoot 'em up or cards, board or etc.?

What do you think of online chat with online games? Do you ever get offended by others?

I thank you in advance for sharing.



Answer
I have over 5 years experience playing different genres of online games, including:

RTS (real time strategy) games like Starcraft and Warcraft III. I love this genre because of its competitive and you can play solo against someone else or in teams like 4 vs 4. During my senior year at high school, we used to have our own team and challenge sophomores and juniors to Starcraft matches at our local cyber cafes. Loads of fun and it gives you bragging rights at school haha! These games are usually quick (not more than 1 hour when playing tournaments) and require quick thinking and alertness.

The RTS genre was addicting to me because of the competition. I used to join 4 vs 4 or 1 vs 1 head-on tournamets for Starcraft sponsored by our local cyber cafes with nice prizes. So much fun.

MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing games) I've played include Lineage II, World of Warcraft, and RF Online. I greatly enjoyed this genre because of the game immersion - you almost forget the real world while interacting with literally thousands of other players online in a beautiful make believe world.

Lineage II was addicting to me because of castle sieges, in which hundreds of players would defend a castle while the enemy sieges from outside. This game has beautiful music and environments, however it did require countless hours of playing in order to be one of the top players.

See a screenshot of the world of Lineage II:
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/254/1272xc2.jpg


RF Online was a unique experience because I got to choose from 3 different races (Humans, Elves, and Robots). This was addicting because the 3 races were so diverse, and I had the opportunity to become the "race leader" of one race which gives you special characteristics and tests how good you are at leadership. Imagine giving orders to hundreds of players as you battle other races? Very fun and involving game.

See how RF Online looks like:
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7755/screensnx1.jpg


World of Warcraft was my most recent venture. It was addicting because of how you can interact with thousands of other players. You either choose to be on the side of Alliance or The Horde. It was fun gathering my buddies and invading a major city of the opposing faction. World of Warcraft also had a beautiful and immersing world!

See how it looks like:
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9025/bloodelfqjpreviewthax0.jpg

About getting offended by online chat: Rude and obscene players are normal. You can't say you're an online gaming veteran if you haven't come across one. When I was new to online gaming, I'd frequently get into "flame wars" - exchange of insults and arguments with other players. Nowadays, I shrug them off. There are lots of immature players who like insulting you or your mom, or brag about how they are better than you. It's perfectly normal, considering anyone hiding behind a computer monitor can type up any insult they can think of and throw it at someone. I used to think that was outrageous, but now they are easy to ignore and I always shrug them off as attention seekers.

Hope that helped!

Best online game sites for 5/6 year olds?




julz


It takes forever to sift throught the ones that are too hard for them to play be themselves without being called to the computer over and over to fix it. My little pony is a good one for simplicity. Just wondering if some parents have others they like for their kids.


Answer
Clubpenguin.com is the best site. You can register for $6 per month (or go on for free, but there restrictions for the player such as a small house, a limit of 2 pets, etc.). Target sells 1 month and 6 month registration gift cards for clubpenguin. Kids can play games, buy things, and talk to other penguins. The special thing about their game chat is that some of the game's servers are set up with safe-chat programs so that kids have a list of phrases that they can say, so nobody can say anything inappropriate. However, there are monitors everywhere on all servers, and kids themselves can become moderators. They can report other players for bad language, name calling, bad names, rudeness, and inappropriate material.
Webkinz is also a good game. Kids get an online pet and a stuffed animal. But it's kind of overrated.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Camera Info by - ryanita Edited By Autocar