Q. I love the show but I havenât read the books.I wanted to buy the all,but I want to buy first the ones that season 4 will be based on (so I can know what will happen),and I will be the first ones later (the ones that season 1,2 and 3 were based on). I bought A Dance With Dragons part I and II but those are not that books and now I canât read them because I donât get anything I need to read the books before them..I heard that season 4 will be based on A Storm Of Swords part II and A Feast For Crows part I and II.Is that true?
The book fair came to my city and I want to be sure this time I got the right books :D Thanks for your help
The book fair came to my city and I want to be sure this time I got the right books :D Thanks for your help
Answer
Your assumption is correct, although a bit muddled.
Season four will be based on Storm of Swords part 2, about halfway through the book until the end. But that's all. Now, there will be some story-lines and threads from book four that may be included in season four.
Now, I just wanted to throw in something that may be unfortunate news...
Be careful to compare the first three books to the last two. You have the chance to read the second half of book three, which is great, but book four (A feast for crows) and five (A dance with dragons) are universally known as the worst in the series. Now, with that said, I happened to enjoy a feast for crows, and bits of book five, but ultimately, they were massively disappointing compared to the first three.
You may enjoy them, since you haven't experienced the level of greatness that the first three books achieved, but if you find yourself not enjoying them, just be aware of why! If you don't like book four and five when you've finished, don't "not" go back and read the first three because you think they'll be just as bad. Just know that they are fantastic.
With that said, I think you should definitely read book three and four, and read the fifth if you really want a jump on all your television watching friends, but be wary of the quality!
Daniel
Your assumption is correct, although a bit muddled.
Season four will be based on Storm of Swords part 2, about halfway through the book until the end. But that's all. Now, there will be some story-lines and threads from book four that may be included in season four.
Now, I just wanted to throw in something that may be unfortunate news...
Be careful to compare the first three books to the last two. You have the chance to read the second half of book three, which is great, but book four (A feast for crows) and five (A dance with dragons) are universally known as the worst in the series. Now, with that said, I happened to enjoy a feast for crows, and bits of book five, but ultimately, they were massively disappointing compared to the first three.
You may enjoy them, since you haven't experienced the level of greatness that the first three books achieved, but if you find yourself not enjoying them, just be aware of why! If you don't like book four and five when you've finished, don't "not" go back and read the first three because you think they'll be just as bad. Just know that they are fantastic.
With that said, I think you should definitely read book three and four, and read the fifth if you really want a jump on all your television watching friends, but be wary of the quality!
Daniel
Game of Thrones Season 4 Trailer?
Okay, I know it was released tonight.
I recently hopped on the bandwagon and started watching, however I have only completed season one and two, as season 3 is not yet out on bluray. My question is: Can I watch the season 4 trailer, or are there spoliers or other things I should be weary of and not watch? I think season 3 releases on bluray like Feb 17th or something, so should I just wait until then?
Answer
There aren't any super obvious spoilers since it's mostly short clips but it definitely shows where certain characters are after the 3rd season which could be considered spoilers and doesn't show things that you might expect if you're still in season 2 (that was intentional vague). Honestly it also had a serious season 4 spoiler.
I wouldn't watch it at all honestly if you don't want any spoilers, but definitely not until after watching season 3.
There aren't any super obvious spoilers since it's mostly short clips but it definitely shows where certain characters are after the 3rd season which could be considered spoilers and doesn't show things that you might expect if you're still in season 2 (that was intentional vague). Honestly it also had a serious season 4 spoiler.
I wouldn't watch it at all honestly if you don't want any spoilers, but definitely not until after watching season 3.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
0 comments:
Post a Comment