redmoondow
I'm not a baseball nut but I do enjoy going to the games with my husband. I was watching a documentary about Cal Ripken Jr. and the record he now holds. And it just seems to me that Baseball don't want any of their records broken as they prefer the pastime players holding on to them. I understand the recent years as steriods plays a large role. But Cal Ripken Jr. didn't do steriods and is a good guy. So why try to screw up his record breaking attempt. Not to mention Roger Maris who seemed to be a good guy as well. Like I said, I don't know that much about baseball. But it just seems to me that Baseball don't approve of their records being broken. I always thought records were meant to be broken. Please enlighten me as I would like to understand why record breaking seems to be a bad thing in baseball.
Answer
Ripken, in my opinion, was pretty selfish. I think sometimes him trotting out when he should have taken a day off to rest his injured body he played. I think he hurt his team sometimes. That's pretty selfish. Although I admire the record, I would call anybody who broke it to be selfish as well. In baseball they play 162 games. That's almost every day play. Cal was injured many times. He played and at the time I thought it was cool. But as I got older and understood how you could hinder your team it lost it's luster.
And to answer your question I agree, records are made to be broken. Some people do not like the fact that people are using enhancements to break them. I agree, however, every Era has had this issue, the name just wasn't steroids. It was amphetamines and gambling tainting the game.
Ripken, in my opinion, was pretty selfish. I think sometimes him trotting out when he should have taken a day off to rest his injured body he played. I think he hurt his team sometimes. That's pretty selfish. Although I admire the record, I would call anybody who broke it to be selfish as well. In baseball they play 162 games. That's almost every day play. Cal was injured many times. He played and at the time I thought it was cool. But as I got older and understood how you could hinder your team it lost it's luster.
And to answer your question I agree, records are made to be broken. Some people do not like the fact that people are using enhancements to break them. I agree, however, every Era has had this issue, the name just wasn't steroids. It was amphetamines and gambling tainting the game.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
0 comments:
Post a Comment