game of thrones season 3
image
evil_manoo
Hello,
I want to read Game of Thrones season 4.
So i want to know which book should i read? i was worried i would have to read 2 books to find out the whole events in season 4.
so i want to know if i would have to read 1 book only, and what book is it? is it A Storm Of Swords?
And lets say its one book, will it have events from two season (3+4) or just the fourth season only?
cuz i like saw its the second half, i dont understand what that means... So please answer i want to read the fourth season of Game of thrones badly!!
I Would like to know how many pages is the second half? and is it that long?
Answer
Hi There
Short answer:
SEASON 4 WILL NOT BE BASED ON BOOK 4 - A FEAST FOR CROWS. Season 4 of the HBO series will be based on the SECOND HALF of a Storm of Swords (book 3), so though Kelley raises some valid points in her answer (ie read the whole series!!) you will be more than lost if you started from A Feast For Crows because, well, I cant even begin to explain without revealing MASSIVE spoilers, but whatever you do, DON'T start reading from A Feast For Crows lol.
I would also like to briefly point out (in opposition to what Nat has said) that the differences between the books and the show are enough to change the entire story-line, in my opinion. Certain things central to the plot-line have been missed out or completely changed in the show, for example: ARYA/THE TICKLER @ the Crossroads inn!!! that is a massive scene in the development of Arya's character, but HBO took the Tickler 'out of the game' in season 2, sadly. And the weasel soup!! I was so disappointed that they missed that out! and Cold Hands!! Not to mention all G R R Martin's subtle hints about Jon Snow's true parentage, I could go on and on.
So they have had/will have to change entire portions of the story to accommodate for things they changed in the show (and there are many, many things).
Long Answer:
Season 3 of the HBO series finishes in the MIDDLE of Storm of Swords, which is the third book in A Song of Ice and Fire. (Despite what a previous commenter has said, A Feast for Crows - book 4 - is MILES away from anything happening so far in the TV series, so I say again: Whatever you do, ****DONT*** start at that one!)
There is roughly around 500 pages in the second half of the third book (Storm of Swords) and roughly 500 pages in the first half: My copies came as two separate books, A Storm of Swords 1: Steel and Snow - this is what the third season of Game of Thrones is based on, and A Storm of Swords 2: Blood and Gold (this is roughly what season 4 will be based on). so roughly a thousand pages all up, depending on who the publisher is of the copy you purchase (or you can download it to listen to on Audible.com, waaaay better than having to trope through all those pages if you are someone who gets tempted to skim-read!)
HOWEVER if you start from A Storm of Swords part 2 (or even if you start at the beginning of Storm of Swords) you will be COMPLETELY lost. The HBO series is really only loosely based on the events in the books.
I was utterly flabbergasted at all the differences in the show compared to the books; the timeline is different, major events are changed or even COMPLETELY missed out in the show (to the detriment of the story-line), and many characters are missed out of the HBO series.
The show also COMPLETELY changes the 'dynamics' between certain characters -for example: The 'relationship' (if that is the right word) between Sandor Clegane (the Hound) and Arya Stark is soooooooo (!) much different in the books - which I actually found myself feeling quite sad about as I watched the third season of the TV series: HBO *REALLY* doesn't do those two justice =(
And many of the characters - Sandor (!), Arya, Gendry, Yoren, Ygritte, the list goes on and on - are COMPLETELY different people in the books than the characters portrayed in the HBO series; everybody is 'softer' in the TV series, compared to how harsh and 'morally ambiguous' most of them are in the books.
And the characters ages are all *completely* different in the books. Dany is only 13(!) when she marries Drogo, and Sansa is only 12(!) during the Blackwater battle at King's Landing. Bran is only 9 during the third book, and Arya is only 10 during Storm of Swords (she is 8 when the series starts)! Oh, and Beric Dondarrian is only 22 in the books, not late 30's like in the show, again, the list goes on and on.
SERIOUSLY, ***read*** ALL the books!! DON'T just start from the second half of book 3, you will miss out on so many important things and you will just be completely lost!
=)
Hi There
Short answer:
SEASON 4 WILL NOT BE BASED ON BOOK 4 - A FEAST FOR CROWS. Season 4 of the HBO series will be based on the SECOND HALF of a Storm of Swords (book 3), so though Kelley raises some valid points in her answer (ie read the whole series!!) you will be more than lost if you started from A Feast For Crows because, well, I cant even begin to explain without revealing MASSIVE spoilers, but whatever you do, DON'T start reading from A Feast For Crows lol.
I would also like to briefly point out (in opposition to what Nat has said) that the differences between the books and the show are enough to change the entire story-line, in my opinion. Certain things central to the plot-line have been missed out or completely changed in the show, for example: ARYA/THE TICKLER @ the Crossroads inn!!! that is a massive scene in the development of Arya's character, but HBO took the Tickler 'out of the game' in season 2, sadly. And the weasel soup!! I was so disappointed that they missed that out! and Cold Hands!! Not to mention all G R R Martin's subtle hints about Jon Snow's true parentage, I could go on and on.
So they have had/will have to change entire portions of the story to accommodate for things they changed in the show (and there are many, many things).
Long Answer:
Season 3 of the HBO series finishes in the MIDDLE of Storm of Swords, which is the third book in A Song of Ice and Fire. (Despite what a previous commenter has said, A Feast for Crows - book 4 - is MILES away from anything happening so far in the TV series, so I say again: Whatever you do, ****DONT*** start at that one!)
There is roughly around 500 pages in the second half of the third book (Storm of Swords) and roughly 500 pages in the first half: My copies came as two separate books, A Storm of Swords 1: Steel and Snow - this is what the third season of Game of Thrones is based on, and A Storm of Swords 2: Blood and Gold (this is roughly what season 4 will be based on). so roughly a thousand pages all up, depending on who the publisher is of the copy you purchase (or you can download it to listen to on Audible.com, waaaay better than having to trope through all those pages if you are someone who gets tempted to skim-read!)
HOWEVER if you start from A Storm of Swords part 2 (or even if you start at the beginning of Storm of Swords) you will be COMPLETELY lost. The HBO series is really only loosely based on the events in the books.
I was utterly flabbergasted at all the differences in the show compared to the books; the timeline is different, major events are changed or even COMPLETELY missed out in the show (to the detriment of the story-line), and many characters are missed out of the HBO series.
The show also COMPLETELY changes the 'dynamics' between certain characters -for example: The 'relationship' (if that is the right word) between Sandor Clegane (the Hound) and Arya Stark is soooooooo (!) much different in the books - which I actually found myself feeling quite sad about as I watched the third season of the TV series: HBO *REALLY* doesn't do those two justice =(
And many of the characters - Sandor (!), Arya, Gendry, Yoren, Ygritte, the list goes on and on - are COMPLETELY different people in the books than the characters portrayed in the HBO series; everybody is 'softer' in the TV series, compared to how harsh and 'morally ambiguous' most of them are in the books.
And the characters ages are all *completely* different in the books. Dany is only 13(!) when she marries Drogo, and Sansa is only 12(!) during the Blackwater battle at King's Landing. Bran is only 9 during the third book, and Arya is only 10 during Storm of Swords (she is 8 when the series starts)! Oh, and Beric Dondarrian is only 22 in the books, not late 30's like in the show, again, the list goes on and on.
SERIOUSLY, ***read*** ALL the books!! DON'T just start from the second half of book 3, you will miss out on so many important things and you will just be completely lost!
=)
How do I contact the people in charge of Game of Thrones?
Daniel
Let me explain. I'm sixteen, and I'm a big fan of the Game of Thrones tv show on HBO, and with Season 3 over, I'm interested in perusing the role of future character (SPOILER ALERT) Aegon Targaryen. At the moment, I'm just trying to get the opportunity to audition for the show, the trouble is, I've got no agent or anything and the googling I've done hasn't been helpful at all. I know my chances of making the part are extremely slim, but all I'm going for is to get the chance. You never know until you try, right?
(If you're going to just tell me I'm never making the part, the my answer is that I know you're probably right, so don't just say that)
Answer
You realize the most casting is done out of London and the UK and so if you're an American you would need the necessary paperwork to legally work in the UK right?
You realize the most casting is done out of London and the UK and so if you're an American you would need the necessary paperwork to legally work in the UK right?
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
0 comments:
Post a Comment