Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Why am I getting unpredictable lag in wireless home?

games online 9000
 on Ravensburger World Map 1611 9000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle 192cm x 138cm ...
games online 9000 image




Proteus


I have an old computer. It is a Dell Dimension with Windows XP service pak 3. I am signed up to take online classes and have all the necessary software and hardware. I live in a house with an extremely high speed WiFi modem. Right now it says I am connected at 104 Mbs but my download and upload speeds are 73 and 9 respectively. I have a ping of 101ms.

I have two room mates. One plays RPG's day and night on a 10G game. The other teaches online at random hours but then speaks with his family 9000 miles away constantly while running two laptops. The modem is about 15meters from my adapter but there are several walls in between.

Is my lag due to the archaic computer I have or the other people's use in the house? I should include the fact that the RPG player is having problems with the same issue with equal unpredictability.

Some days are better than others and I do everything to keep my computer clean due to its age. I run Ccleaner after every online session and defrag every other week.

Before I ask the landlord or the other tenants about what to do I was hoping that someone out there might have an idea of how to best address this problem. I cannot take the class if this lag continues. I have the latest versions of all the Adobe products and Java is enabled.



Answer
Hi Proteus,

I work for Dell's Social Media Team. It looks like you may need a stronger wireless USB adapter. The walls in-between is also not helping as it does weaken the wireless signals. Try going in for Wireless N USB adapter for better range. You may also want to try updating the driver of the Wireless Adapter that is currently present on your system to see if it helps.

http://bit.ly/TO0hUs
http://bit.ly/18jrfIl

Thank you.
Dell-Royan

How can I get enough money for a new computer?




Nathan


I'm 16, and I would like a computer that has lots of power. Like quad processors,and 8GB DDR3 memory, and a 1TB hard drive. Problem is I don't have enough money. Any helpful answers would be appreciated. Also,How and where can you custom order a computer online?


Answer
As far as the money goes, you just need to find a summer job and work, work, work. You'll probably need at least $1500-$2000 to get a desktop with the specs you mentioned (and even more money for a laptop). You could work at a fast-food restaurant, or the local golf-course, or a store like Walmart. Figure out how much you could make, how much you need, and how long it would take you to get the money for a new computer. You Probably won't be able to make enough to be able to buy a computer before school starts, but you can at least get started.

As far as the computer, the way you described it sounds like you need a gaming computer. I'd get a desktop because a) it's way less expensive than a laptop with the same specs and b) the most powerful laptop around is nowhere near as powerful as the best desktop. You can get more hard drives with a desktop, more RAM, a better cooling system, a bigger motherboard (for more expandability), etc. There are lots of fancy-schmancy companies out there who will build you an uber-fast computer for $4000, but I doubt you have $4000. I'd go with Dell if I were you. My recomendations would be either the Studio XPS 9000 or the Alienware Aurora. Both should be within your price-range, and both can be customized online with whatever specs you want. The Alienware Aurora is a bit better as far as graphics options (since it's a gaming desktop), but if you won't be doing intensive gaming you could save a little money and go with the Studio XPS 9000. Both are good choices at a reasonable price, and both can be customized. As far as what specs to get...well, you probably already know what you want. A word of caution, though: Dell sells some accesories/add-ons/upgrades at reduced prices, such as monitors and Office software. Other things, however, are way over-priced. For instance, it might be an extra $300 for a second 1TB hard drive, when you can get the same hard drive from amazon.com/bestbuy/etc. for $100. So check out prices on other websites when it comes to things like speakers/additional hard drives/software/ because you might save a little money.

Dell Alienware Aurora:
http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/desktops/alienware-aurora/pd.aspx?refid=alienware-aurora&s=dhs&cs=19&~ck=mn

Dell Studio XPS 9000:
http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/desktops/desktop-studio-xps-9000/pd.aspx?refid=desktop-studio-xps-9000&s=dhs&cs=19




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Camera Info by - ryanita Edited By Autocar