Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Warhammer gaming table?




Kate


I would like to get my husband a gaming table for Warhammer. I'm looking for one that's 6x4 and folds up. We don't play that often so I'm wanting it to be easily stored, and building one isn't an option. Something like the white plastic ones they have in the gaming stores...anyone know where I can find something like that?
I saw the table on their website..but it doesn't have legs...so i still need a table of some sort to lay it on.



Answer
You can find folding tables on Amazon (just search for folding table), but also check your local stores. Places like Walmart and Costco will probably be cheaper than having it shipped online.

You are likely going to want to go with two 6ft tables or three 4ft tables. The 6ft tables are going to be more than 2ft wide, but you may find some 4ft tables are 20-22" wide which if you decide to use a gaming mat or the Realm of Battle set will cause annoyances at the table edges. So do take a tape measure with you.

For an actual gaming area on top the tables you have a few options:

1. Games Workshop's Realm of Battle board that Argon linked. Some don't like this from a gaming perspective as you always have to have hills on the board. Also expensive.

2. Three 4'x2' boards. Easier to store than a single 6'x4' board. Hardboard is best for this and it is best to support it with batons - placing wood around the edges underneath so it won't warp. If you have no option to do this yourselves I'm sure someone local to you, either a friend, carpenter, or handy man can do it. Plenty of guides on websites and youtube. A coat of white glue, sand and then paint is a cheap way to get a battle field. This works for a single 6'x4' too and is a pretty common method.

3. A battle mat. Zuzzy make some mats that I've seen good reviews on and they seem to have great customer support. Their mats are latex and are textured, you can make them look more realistic with a light use of acrylic paint and still roll it up. http://www.zuzzy.com/vf-ml-001_terra_flex_gaming_mat.html - there are more styles on there, but can't go wrong with green - the price is similar to a finished wooden board.

I think the mat is probably your best choice in combination with some folding tables. There should be some springtime/Easter deals on to enable you to get the tables cheaply and do this for under $200.

Which casino table games should I avoid?




Ira C


I'm getting to know some casino table games and was wondering which ones are best to avoid and which ones are better to try. So far, I've tried Baccarat, Three-card poker, and Blackjack with decent success. I'm also told basic Craps bets and Pai Gow Poker are good as well. And Let It Ride seems like a bad bet. Any thoughts?


Answer
LegFuJohnson has the most important point needed here:

Gambling is for FUN! Play the games where you have the most fun!

Yes roulette has a bit worse "house edge", but so what? It's a slow-paced game and if you bet the minimums you can have a night of fun for not too much money.

"Any thoughts?" Yes. You say you've had "decent success" with some of the games. What does that even mean? Does that mean you have made a profit? If so, you have a lot of reason to worry.

Again I will say it - Gambling is for FUN! If you ever fool yourself into thinking you can MAKE money with ANY of these games, then you are headed for serious troubles.

Casinos were built for ONE REASON ONLY - that is to TAKE your money, not to give you any.

Of COURSE you'll win sometimes, but that's just the hook to get you to come back! As long as you continue to play casino games, you WILL lose more than you will win. There is no way around this fact. Again, if you fool yourself into thinking otherwise, you are a fool who will soon be parted with lots and lots of money.

Stick with the games that give you the most fun. When you start losing, just ask yourself if you're STILL having fun. If yes, you're having fun, then come back and visit the casino again. Bring just what you can afford to lose. If no, you're NOT having fun, then you really need to reconsider why you're going to the casino.

***EDIT***

Going to a vote? I guess that means congratulations yet again to Harmon Cooper and his multiple profiles he will use to vote himself as "Best Answer".

You are pathetic, Harmon Cooper. No wonder you need to hide your profile.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

0 comments:

Camera Info by - ryanita Edited By Autocar