Maple Athe
I've never played a Killzone before and am thinking about buying KZ3. How does the class system work? Can you do whatever you want, like in COD, or is it less flexible? How much damage can players take, COD hardcore, Halo Juggernaut, etc. Remember I know absolutely nothing about the game, so don't assume anything's obvious. Most detailed answer gets 5 stars. Thanks!
P.S. how does the whole revive teammates thing work? Do you not die right away or something?
Answer
Coming from a COD perspective Killzone is quite a shock. The controls are much "heavier" and kind of clumsy. There is no fast twitch or ultra quick movement even with the X & Y sensitivity turned up. The class system ( at least in past games) is more restricted than COD. It is more like Battlefield in that sense if you are familiar with that franchise. You pick a role and you are given choices that pertain only to that class. In the past games there were only a few choices of weapon to use with each type, and by a few I mean 2 for each. I don't have an Xbox so I don't have a lot of experience with new Halo games but the damage seems similar to the older ones. In that it requires a fair amount of shots to kill someone with an assault rifle. Nothing like the quick kills in Cod. Usually if you run into a group of 2-3 enemies you won't have much of a chance. IMO this is what led to nearly the whole community running around with rocket launchers in KZ2 and just suiciding themselves and others. That kind of ruined it for me.
As far as your question, when you get shot you enter kind of a "dying" process, your screen darkens and you cant move or shoot but you can see the environment around you and a clock counts down from like 8 or something. In that time a medic can come and revive you (revive is instantaneous) or if you are shot one more time by an enemy you will die and then respawn at your location choice. If you get killed by headshot or I think explosives you cant be revived.
I have heard that Guerrilla is making the controls much more responsive and has a radically different game engine than KZ2. As far as visuals, I though KZ2 was at the top for its release date and expect this game to be the same. Ill get it for sure, its in the beta right now so you should be able to find some captured videos.
Coming from a COD perspective Killzone is quite a shock. The controls are much "heavier" and kind of clumsy. There is no fast twitch or ultra quick movement even with the X & Y sensitivity turned up. The class system ( at least in past games) is more restricted than COD. It is more like Battlefield in that sense if you are familiar with that franchise. You pick a role and you are given choices that pertain only to that class. In the past games there were only a few choices of weapon to use with each type, and by a few I mean 2 for each. I don't have an Xbox so I don't have a lot of experience with new Halo games but the damage seems similar to the older ones. In that it requires a fair amount of shots to kill someone with an assault rifle. Nothing like the quick kills in Cod. Usually if you run into a group of 2-3 enemies you won't have much of a chance. IMO this is what led to nearly the whole community running around with rocket launchers in KZ2 and just suiciding themselves and others. That kind of ruined it for me.
As far as your question, when you get shot you enter kind of a "dying" process, your screen darkens and you cant move or shoot but you can see the environment around you and a clock counts down from like 8 or something. In that time a medic can come and revive you (revive is instantaneous) or if you are shot one more time by an enemy you will die and then respawn at your location choice. If you get killed by headshot or I think explosives you cant be revived.
I have heard that Guerrilla is making the controls much more responsive and has a radically different game engine than KZ2. As far as visuals, I though KZ2 was at the top for its release date and expect this game to be the same. Ill get it for sure, its in the beta right now so you should be able to find some captured videos.
List of pen-and-paper RPG game mechanics?
Who
I'd like to design my own role-playing game, along the lines of Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, World of Darkness, War-hammer, etc. but I don't want to re-invent the wheel. Is there a list somewhere on the Web of the game mechanics used in each of the various systems, so I can see what's been done before and what people liked or didn't like (or what worked/didn't work)?
Answer
Wikipedia has a partial list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game_system
The problem is that many RPG systems are one-shots. There are a *lot* of small press and independently published gaming systems and other than the big publishers most systems are used for just one game, even for ones by the same company.
Some of the big systems include:
Megaversal/Palladium
d20 (which has dozens of variants)
GURPS
Storyteller System (White Wolf's in-house system)
Fudge
FATE (A Fudge variant that's become more common than the system it came from.)
Savage Worlds
Wikipedia has a partial list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_game_system
The problem is that many RPG systems are one-shots. There are a *lot* of small press and independently published gaming systems and other than the big publishers most systems are used for just one game, even for ones by the same company.
Some of the big systems include:
Megaversal/Palladium
d20 (which has dozens of variants)
GURPS
Storyteller System (White Wolf's in-house system)
Fudge
FATE (A Fudge variant that's become more common than the system it came from.)
Savage Worlds
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
0 comments:
Post a Comment